LEAD QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
Cartus Corporation, Danbury, CT
2011 – Present
- Functioning as primary communicator to IT leadership on testing efforts on major projects, providing updates on efforts of testing teams through the use of Testing Dashboards, face-to-face meetings, and email updates.
- Lead QA Analyst on Cartus’s award winning mobile initiative, which includes the development and implementation of both iOS and Android native applications. Testing effort includes the use of various different mobile devices (phone and tablet), ensuring cross device compatibility.
- QA analyst on a small project used by Cartus customers and clients to estimate the costs associated with relocation and budgeting for a potential move. Tool is currently being used by over 200 clients and has generated in excess of $190,000 in revenue for Cartus.
- Worked with various different mobile automated testing tool vendors to price and proof of concept tools. Used various factors including price, performance, ease of use, ability to leverage cloud technologies, and ROI to provide management with a recommendation for purchase.
- Created Test Script Automation Framework for Cartus mobile application development. Framework included instructions on how to develop automated mobile scripts using Keynote DeviceAnywhere and best practices to follow to ensure script reusability.
- Conducted extensive research on common and popular mobile device types to develop a recommendation for device and OS coverage for regression and compatibility tests. Allowed testing team to focus on a core set of devices while saving the company money by limiting the number of physical test devices needed.
- Worked with QA leads and managers at Cartus corporate partners to pass on lessons learned and best practices from mobile testing initiative.
- Working with offshore testing resources at Dell and Cognizant on two separate projects. Monitoring the daily activities of the resources, providing mentoring and guidance when needed, ensuring completion of assigned tasks, and evaluating progress to assist management in retention decisions.
- Lead QA Analyst on large initiative to improve functionality of existing enterprise-wide application to better incorporate new business units brought in as part of a corporate merger (international Destination Service Providers). Personal effort on the project includes the development of over 2300 test cases for functional, load, and financial testing.
- Introduced the idea of a Testing Dashboard to express visually the status of testing efforts. The Testing Dashboard included the gathering and creation of standard and project specific testing metrics (in Excel). Leveraged capabilities of Excel to pull information from multiple sources into a single concise report.
MIDDLE SCHOOL EDUCATOR
- Educated inner-city youth in three Bridgeport, CT middle schools in technical education, financial literacy, and social studies.
- Individualized instruction for a diverse set of learners with differing levels of understanding and achievement.
- Assisted in the development of the Bridgeport middle school Financial Literacy curriculum. Units developed included those on Consumer Powers and Protections, Consumer Management Skills, Careers and Career Decisions, Responsible Choices, Economic Systems (both in the US and Globally), Advertising, and the Marketplace.
- Taught classes using the Project Lead the Way Gateway to Technology pre-engineering curriculum. This curriculum included units on Design and Modeling (sketching and 3D computer modeling), Electronics, and Robotics.
- Successfully tested and applied software patches and updates at both the desktop and server level (approximately 150 desktops and 10 servers).
- Worked with IS Operations team to support desktops and servers in two test environments.
LEAD QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
Cendant Mobility Services Corporation, Danbury, CT
1998 – 2005
- Effectively guided a team of 6 Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts and 3 outside contractors by managing the activities of the analysts, providing guidance and mentoring to team members, coordinating testing efforts across multiple projects, and by maintaining open communications with all individuals and teams involved in the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Coordinated testing efforts between Cendant Mobility on-site QA resources and additional resources in India.
- Served as the Lead QA Analyst on a web based portal application used by all Cendant Mobility employees. This application took the place of multiple legacy applications and set up an infrastructure from which all future software development would follow.
- Managed the upgrade the IBM Rational Testing toolset from version 2002 to 2003 by coordinating LAN, desktop support, development, and QA resources. The project included upgrading software on desktop and web servers, as well as the successful conversion of all testing assets (manual and automated test cases and scripts, regression and load testing results, etc.)
- Either led or worked as a team member in the testing efforts (functional, automated, load, and user acceptance tests) of projects utilizing various different technologies (both client/server and web-based)
- Worked offsite with a development team at IBM to ensure early build quality on a high risk and high exposure Java based application.
Areas of Expertise:
Mobile Application Testing
Black Box Testing
User Acceptance Testing
Test Plan and Test Case Design
Use Case Design and Analysis
Agile Development Testing
Waterfall Development Testing
Iterative Development Testing
Defect Tracking and Metrics
Team Leadership and Mentoring
IBM Rational ClearQuest
Mobile Devices (iOS and Android)
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor of Business Administration
Management Information Systems
Western Connecticut State University
State of CT Provisional Educator License
Business, Grades 7 – 12
History and Social Studies, Grades 7 – 12
Expires: September 2016